Friday, March 23, 2007

Two Weeks to Go....



We leave in two weeks for Chicago and the countdown is really ON!
We are now on the ice at least 10 hours a week...and it's coming down to the wire.

We are doing complete run-throughs of the program, but it's not consisitent yet. I get really tired by the time two minutes rolls around and the last 30 seconds of the program is sooo challenging! Not to mention our coach is demamding more SPEED!
SPEED! FLOW! COVER THE ICE! All he does during our run-throughs is yell, "BREATHE!!!"

And yes, we have crashed a lot this week. I now, officially, have a bruised butt. Probably a little too much 411 there, but hey. It is bruised and it hurts! Both Jordan and I have lacerations on our calves. The Tango OD requires us to do a lot of leg locking and we keep knicking each other with our blades. OUCH! Oh and I whacked Jordan in the head the other day when I twizzled...oops!

The last lift is getting better. I can now get Jordan off of the ice pretty easily. Yeah! Strong woman! Yes, I DO lift HIM in this program (see pic below). The hard part is.....that lift is at the END of the program....during that critical last 30 seconds when I'm so winded and so much lactic acid is running through my body it feels like the incredible hulk has his hands compressed around my chest. The picture directly below here? That's the first lift in the program ...and no the camera is not fooling you. I AM upside DOWN!





Until Next Time...
--J

No comments: