Saturday, March 31, 2007

Sharpen, Wax, Tape...

So...we leave in a week. Now it's time to get everything organized and ready to go which means doing SOMETHING with these....



They are a mess. I haven't sharpened them in almost 6 months (I know. I know. I'm terrible at taking care of my equippment)! The leather is torn and scratched (because Jordan and I constantly knick each other)and my laces are ripped in some spots. Plus, the heels and soles need to be waxed so water doesn't invade and hurt my boots. The tongues are broken down...basically, they're a mess. But I LIKE THEM THAT WAY!
Unfortunately, judges do not. They may be more comfortable to me, but they're yucky looking. Sooo in comes this lady....



Camera shy Vicki Zander! BTW, I took these with my phone, so forgive how crappy the photos are. Vicki is skate expert extraordinaire and saves my butt every time. She is now in the process of frantically sharpening my skates so that they will cut your finger like a razor blade if your run your skin across them. It's important for her to do it now because I have to skate on them a few days before we actually compete. They are REALLY sharp when you first use them and it makes you catch weird edges like crazy. Not what we want when we have to go out there and give it our best!

So, Vicki is sharpening away, waxing my soles, replacing the fleece on my tongues and making them look somewhat white again! Vicki....just about ROCKS the world! I couldn't do what I do without her. Thanks V!

Unitl Next Time,
-J

No comments: