Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Amazing New Costumes

OK...so since we've decied to change EVERYTHING at the last minute, that means costumes too. Our seamstress, Kathy is truly amazing. In the course of two weeks she has transformed us from hip-hop funk to Asian Sensations! My dress is this gorgeous kimnono style with a bright orange Obi. Our dance marks the arrival of the cherry blossom, so I will be wearing them in my hair. I guess I have to just give a big shout-out to Kathy because she has truly been our advocate, rock and just an all out awesome person to help us at the last minute like this.
Meanwhile, the program is coming along. We still need an ending. We have NO choreography for the ending. It's a bit frustrating because both Jordan and I feel like the ending has to have some pizzaz and make a big imapct.
We've been taking some lessons from other coaches just to get a feel for what we're not doing right and man! What a difference this is making. All of a sudden we are more aware of our feet! Our backs are straighter and we are actually presenting the dance to the audience instead of staring at the ice! LOL.
Well, gotta head to practice,
Until Next Time,
---J

No comments: