Monday, March 31, 2008

The clock is ticking....

T minus 6 days until departure....

Wow....we leave soon and I'm not ready! I still need to rhinestone the costumes...chances are....I'll be doing it on the plane like I always do. Nothing like killing a six hour flight with glitter and glamour! Thank goodness the glue is only 4.5 oz. Granted 3 oz is the standard allowed, so I'll have to do some sweet talking with the TSA officials. Rumor has it, we can take our skates on as carry on, but for some reason I just don't trust it. I don't want to end up in Brent Bommentre's situation!

No practice today. Have to work. That's where I am now. Sh! Don't tell anyone (sorry, blond moment). We'll start fresh tomorrow at 7 am. Thank goodness it's at Lloyd Center ice and I won't freeze solid. However, it's also a rink filled with kids in the morning. Not that I mind kids. I LOVE kids. I photograph them for a living! However, they always manage to squeeze themselves right in the path of your impending lift which you end up having to bail out of at the last second, or they plant themselves right in the path of your Paso Doble pattern. They "appear" to be traveling one direction, and then Bam! They switch to another route. Gotta love those kids! They are lucky they are so cute....

New news: We have secured the great Lorna Aldridge to help us at Nationals! I am so excited to work with her. She is amazing and so generous to make herself available to us during the week. We are thrilled. I would go to LP for a week just to work with her let alone for Nationals.

So I have had multiple requests here on the blog for pictures. You'd THINK that since I am a professional photographer that I would have lots of pictures, however it's just like the old saying about the cobbler. His kids don't have shoes! I have no pictures!
Well, here it is.... I promise I will be posting LOTS of images. I'll start by taking the video camera to practice tomorrow. I'm not sure I'll have the guts to actually post what we capture of us, but if you all berate me enough....I could be convinced. Photographers prefer to be behind the camera! LOL.

Excuse # 11

That little girl is standing where we need to put the Paso Doble break-away!


Maybe we should just teach her how to do the dance? Or better yet, let her be there and work around her. She is more important than our silly little dance anyays!
---I'm such a softy for little kids.

Until Next Time,
---J

No comments: