Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Folk Music???

It's back to the grind. Time to focus on the year ahead. That means finding music.

Key word: FINDING.

The ISU has set next year's Original Dance rythm to Folk/Country music.
Folk-slash-Country?? What on earth is that?
That's not even traditional ballroom!

Well, apparently it's "root" music---music that reflects the "roots" of a culture or country.
I have now spent several hours trying to find decent, dance-able folk music. It's challenging to say the least. Not that folk music isn't dance-able. Atfer all, that's what it was designed for. But it was designed to be danced very fast on a FLOOR! Trying to transfer that to ice is well, challenging to say the least! LOL.

I have a few ideas that aren't too bad, but I'm still looking for more. If you know of any good folk/country music or sources of it(it can be from any country in the world), let me know....
I'm killin' myself here!

Help?

Until Next Time,
---J

No comments: