Sunday, April 6, 2008

13 hours later....

We're here. Phew!

What a looooong day.

And my skates made it! yeah. There is ALWAYS, EVERY year that small inkling of fear that they won't arrive. But look! The red bag is mine!
Bob and Marilu were on our same flight and it was great having the company.




Please forgive the quality of these images. I simply grabbed my point and shoot for these and used flash. Ah! I know....on camera flash. What a sin. Hey, at least I have pics to post.
Like this one: Me obsessed with making sure my luggage arrived safely.

I prefer to refer to it as an artistic "self" portrait! LOL
Oh and then there's the rental car drama. We got our car, our map, Jordan is there in the background looking quite happy, and we were on our way!

Then, there is Jordan's neverending book saga. And I mean that literally.

This is the book that travels on every trip. It's been to Whistler, BC seven times. Colorado once and now Boston and New York. Has he even begun to read it? No. it just accompanies him! LOL. I bet him today that he won't touch one page while we are here. We'll see....!
Oh and finally check this out:

What is it you ask? It's a cell phone tower diguised as a tree! LOL. There it was right smack in the middle of I-90 in Massachusetts. I laughed so hard I could hardly take the picture. You have to undersatnd, coming from the Northwest, we love our trees. Imitations just don't cut it---even if they are supposed to be cell phone towers.

Come on people! A few more brancehes at least? It would have done so much for it!

We head to the rink to check out the lay of the land tomorrow. I'll report back as much as I can. We have practice at 3 pm. In the meantime, feel free to comment below. I LOVE the feedback and welcome any suggestions and requests for info!
Until Next Time,
---J

No comments: