Monday, April 7, 2008

First Day....First Page (for Jordan that is!)

So get this...we slept in until Noon. Yikes!
I guess that just reaffirms what a long day it was yesterday. So, first off today....we went to lunch and guess who we run into?
Cookie "Monster" Man, Jay! I always run into Jay first off every year. His cookies are to die for. He bakes dozens and dozens of them every year and just hands them out to evveryone. LOVE it! The funniest part is he always has boy cookies (with nuts) and girl cookies (without nuts). Hu-lar-i-ous. (oh and that's me with him....He is one tall dude!)

We also ran into Marilu and Bob aagain at lunch. Marilu had her hockey shirt on that all her students signed before she left for Nationals. How awesome is that? Her interpretive program is about the 1980 hockey win here at LP.


Isn't downtown LP just adorable?
Ok so get this---
We (adults) have our VERY OWN logo out there ON the ice! They painted it HUGE in the middle of the 1980 rink. This is where we are competing. OMG! I feel like it's the Olympics or something!
I don't think they've ever done that before. The rink is HUGE. It's Olympic size and has lots of seating as you can see. It's a bit intimidating acutally, but man I think it's going to be really fun.



Of course, everyone is in awe of it and taking pictures just like me.

Of course, while I was doing that....Jordan was one the phone. Working.....bless his heart. This man is a work-a-holic! Maybe that's why he's such a great partner. He's a Type A....just like me! LOL.

Practice was pretty good today. The first one is always a bit shaky. You see all the other teams and the adrenaline starts to rush. I have to say, I adore Lorna Aldridge. That woman is the sweetest and most enthusiastic coach. I wish I could pack her in my suitcase and take her home with me. Thanks Lorna!
Finally, we got around to registering. The registration crew was awesome. Everything is super organized and very efficient. It always amazes me every year how these people manage to keep the hundreds of competitors in check. Kudos to them! Yeah LOC!
We got a neat CD case as a competitor gift, plus a really cool set of ear phones for our Ipods. Love it!


Oh and get this....regarding yesterday's post about Jordan's book? He just waltzed into my room opened the book and wiggled the page. He says,

"Look. I've touched a page!" with his sheepish, you-can't-beat-me grin.

Note to self: Never give that man a challenge. He WILL rise to the occasion. Let's just see if he reads more than ONE page!
Ha!

Until Next Time,
----J

P.S. Lisa, I get the stats from Google Analytics. You have to install it on your blog. It's pretty easy to do and it gives you all kinds of stats about the folks who are visiting your blog.

Carl, We wish you were here! I miss you!

I took video today. Apparently, I'll be able to post it onto the blog, so stay tuned for that. Please leave your comments. I love to read, respond and it makes me want to post more....so keep em coming!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great meeting you today! We had blast. I guess tonight it was our turn to have the crash. :-)

Don't forget your ID! ;-)

Laura and Beshara

Lisa Hoberg said...

Julia - thanks for the tip - got in on my blog! Good luck to you guys and to all of our friends and dance teams from PDX!!