Thursday, April 3, 2008

Another 6 am day...

This whole "wake-up early" thing....really isn't my thing!
We practiced at 7 am this morning. It's soooo hard to get going that early, however the Gold dance event is that early next Friday so I guess I'd better "practice" it.

Terri was kind enough to work with us again today. She looked at our OD and really liked it. Phew! She said,

"You're skating this a whole lot better than the other OD."

So that's a great sign (hang, on the dog is commanding my attention).
...anyways....everyone we have shown the dance to really thinks it was a good move for us, so we are now much more comfortable with the dramatic change than we were before. Terri has been amazing. She thinks the Paso is better and helped us out a lot with it. The Starlight is still questionable, but isn't it always? That dance needs to be in Gold. The outside edge mohawk on the end pattern after the 3's is just killing me. And then the timing? Oh Lord? Please help me learn to count? It's not that hard really.

1...2...3...1...2....3.....1.......2.............3..........1...2..1...3...2..3...1
Yeah, you get my point.
Tell that to a Preschooler!

I spoke with Kevin today at US Figure Skating about changing our official program component sheet and our OD theme write up, and I think he may have just about had a heart attack when I told him we were switching from Hip-hop funk street dance to an Asian Japanese flower dance. LOL. I have to admit, the reaction from others is probably the most entertaining part about it!

The washing machine in my basement is now in overtime mode. I am a laundry-doing woman! The spin cycle is having an absolute kin-ip-shin on me and the washer just about rattles off its rocker everytime the spin cycle hits (I've been known to rattle off a rocker or two myself....giggle...so I can relate). Yeah, I know. Balance the load, but I'm in a hurry. Who has time for balance? It's also so loud it reminds me of my toepicks during our straightline footwork sequence. Yeah, it's that loud (my toepicks, I mean). LOL. I also have a washer from the dark ages, but hey if it works? Don't fix.

Tonight and tomorrow are packing days. I have to work at KATU Saturday, so I have to make sure everything is in order before Saturday. We leave at the crack of dawn Sunday. We will undoubtedly forget something. So if anyone has any reminders for me, I welcome them!

Basic List:
Skates
Gaurds
Costumes
Tights
Music
Make-up
Hair thingys

Sanity....


Excuse # 9
There's no way I fit it all in my suitcase.


Until Next Time,
----J

No comments: