Saturday, April 5, 2008

8.5 hours until departure...

Ok, so talk about a crazy day: This is how it went down--

1. wake up at 5 am.
2. at work by 5:30 am.
3. on the air until 9 am.
4. head to Safeway to pick up last minute shampoo.
5. head home to pack.
6. finish laundry.
7. file client info.
8. e-mail clients waiting for info.
9. cook Winston's food for next week.
10. pack up Winston's supplies and write up care plan.
11. organize camera gear and clean house.
12. head back to work 2:30 pm.
13. Stop at Verizon store and Mac store.
14. Work until 6:30 pm.
15. Head home for dinner.
16. Load up Winston and take him to Diane's house.
17. Head home.
18. More packing....one suitcase or two?
19. Head back to work pm.
20. Still not done packing!

Flight leaves at 7 am tomorrow and I won't be in bed until 1 am. Go figure.
I'm exhausted. I'm so tired I keep fooling myself into thinking that I'm hungry.

Well, tomorrow will be an even longer day. We land in Boston at 4 pm. Then we pick up a rental car and drive 5 hours to Lake Placid. Why on earth are we flying into Boston, you ask? It's the closest direct flight (little risk of luggage loss), and I'm a freak on an airplane. I readily admit that I HATE to fly. The less I have take off and land, the happier I am. So, one flight only please! The good news is Bob Raemer, our other Portland dance team member is a top notch pilot and on our flight too (you think I didn't plan that?? hee!). He could take the reins of that 737 if he has too. Thank goodness for him! On top of it all, it takes the same number of hours to connect in another city and into Albany, as it does to fly direct to Boston and drive. Lake Placid is pretty far out there.

So, by 10 pm EDT, we should be there. Wow, that's a long day. I plan on doing some serious sleeping in on Monday!

My issue is always what to accomplish on the plane. Normally I take my rhinestones and glue them on my costume. It's mindless, tedious work and makes the time go by faster. This year, it's done already. There's nothing to do! I'm afraid I'm going to be bored out of my mind on a 5 hour flight. Anyone have any suggestions? any good books I should pick up at the airport? Help!

I guess I'll just have to try and sleep. Fat chance.

So, I'm bringing the video camera. Blogger has updated since last years National's blog. I can now upload video to Ice Dance Diaries. Woohoo! Hopefully I'll be able to tape some of the practices and/or performances. Any requests? Post 'em in the comments section!

I may not get a chance to post much tomorrow if I don't have internet access on the road. I'll do my best. If you don't hear from me, we'll see you in LP!

Excuse #6
I'm not READY yet!



Until Next Time,
---J

No comments: